1. No hyper activity right before bed
2. Taking a warm bath before bed to help relax the body
3. Reading or listening to quiet music can be very soothing
4. Room darkening shades to keep out the light
5. A white noise machine to help drown out outside noise
6. Keeping the bedrooms at a cool, but comfortable temperature
7. Talking with your child about his/her stresses, fears, etc... can potentially help your child to not feel alone. And having his/her feelings validated may in turn help him/her sleep better.
Wishing you all a restful nights sleep!